Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Garden of the Gods


A beautiful afternoon among the majestic Rocky Mountains just outside of Colorado Springs

It is not very difficult to ascertain as to why these trails are called the "Garden of the Gods," the view is awe-inspiring as you walk through a small valley between gorgeous peeks. My trip to Denver, CO had been plagued with several afternoon thunderstorms and I can't decide if we got lucky or if weather dared not spoil such a magnificent place, but it was a perfect afternoon. My friend Caitlyn, whom I was visiting, and I spent the late morning and early afternoon daring to climb upon the rocks and were pleasantly rewarded with an incredible view.
My family and I always visited Colorado during ski (or snowboard if you like) season, but it has always been a dream of mine to visit these wonderful mountains when they are covered in green instead of white! I had a fantastic week in probably one of the most beautiful places in the United States and I could not be more thankful!





Caitlyn near the top of one of the peaks.





This picture and the next are of Caitlyn and I taking a quick break...

... Soon after we saw a beware of rattlesnakes sign, we promptly kept walking!

A little taste of home in Colorado :).


Last look at the Garden.


Wonderful wildflowers sprouting up on the side of the road in Colorado Springs


xoxo claire

No comments:

Post a Comment